Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pastoral Ministry

A true pastoral ministry is to restore hope, faith and love in the hearts of God's followers. In pastoral ministry the minister helps to connect believers to Christ, the church and their communities. "Pastoral ministry is bringing Christ's compassion to people in emotional, mental, physical or spiritual need as well as helping others to recognize their gifts and empowering them to use these gifts in the service of others." Examples of pastoral ministry include bereavement support, visiting the sick, ministering to the jailed, feeding the hungry, having church services, celebrating communion, participating in worship and other social activities.

The above is a humbling calling to God's service.  How many "pastors" of local churches actually fill this need in their church AND community?  A true pastor reaches out to the unchurched and non-believers, they don't just stay within their clique.

Thank you to those of you following my blog.  I had never thought of doing this.  I had been posting "thoughts of the day" on FB.  When I would miss a few days, I began receiving messages asking where they were.  I pray this blog is a blessing, a help or even  a laugh.

I had a call yesterday about a prayer concern.  This is a family who does attend their local church.  When I asked if they were going to share with their pastor, I was told I was their pastor.  This was VERY humbling.  Praise God that His light does shine through my humble works.

God bless your day!


©Betty Jean Bowers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share: