Friday, August 10, 2012

Prayer instead of gossip

When one of your friends asks for prayer, they are trusting the verses listed below from Matthew.
Please do pray for them and not use their prayer requests as fodder for your gossip mill. Prayer instead of speculation. Do you pray for your "friends" as much as you gossip about them? Also - remember the verse Luke 6:31 instructing us to Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. (In other words: To have a friend, you must first be a friend)

Matthew 7:
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The above is a comment I posted on FB yesterday.  A dear friend had posted for prayer because the police had just published a missing person for her adult grandson.  I then found out through the obvious rumor mill that the "gossip" and speculation had begun like a wild fire in her hometown five miles from my own home.  Those who know me KNOW which little town I'm referring to. 

All she asked was PRAYER - not GOSSIP. 
(that is also how I replied to the phone calls followed by my hanging up)

My message here is BE CAREFUL how you treat someone's prayer request.  They are asking for intercession with God.

What would YOU want said if this happened to one of your family?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share: